Subject: Problems with NetBSD 1.4.2 and a Mac IIci
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: R=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Q==?=mi Zara <remi_zara@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/2000 09:19:34
Hi,

I just installed NetBSD 1.4.2 on my Mac IIci.
All went fine, and I was able to boot very easyly.
I installed all the sets (X also).
The problem came when I wanted to change my keyboard layout to a french one.
As I read in FAQs, I tried the wscons thing.
But
 - there were no ttyE{1-3} to turn on in my ttys file
 - the wsconsctl binary is there but fails because wskbd isn't.

Besides that, when I started X, it came with the gray background and the
black cross, and that's all ! I read that, by default, I should have ha at
least an xterm.... (by the way, how do you get out of that without a force
restart ?)

So, can someone tell me what I did wrong ?

Thanks,

Remi Zara

ps:my config
MacIIci with 32MB of ram
77 MB of disk left after install
48 MB of swap
An apple Ethernet card and an apple 24 bit video card (not used) when
installing.
Installer vers 1.1g (came with the distrib)
Booter 1.11.3
System 7.0.1US
--
Remi Zara