Subject: Re: Uses for Macintosh SE?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org, linux-mac68k@mac.linux-m68k.org>
From: Bradley R. Smith <brad5903@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/26/2000 23:28:34
On 9/26/00 at 22:38, quoll@borg.nutopia.org (Nicholas Burlett) wrote:

> Anyone have a mac classic/plus/se that they don't want? I hava
> a Beta (fish) here at school, and I'm looking to make one of
> these tanks, but I have not been able to find an old mac.. any
> suggestions?

This probably won't do you any good but Goodwill Computer Works here
in Austin, Texas has a couple of dozen dead compact Macs for sale for
just this purpose, $5 each.
They have lots of old Mac stuff for very low prices. I bought a IIsi
9/40, a Performa 475 12/160, and a Quadra 700 20/250 for a total of
$42. The IIsi had a dead PRAM battery but other than that they all
work perfectly.
http://www.austingoodwill.org/dg/compwork/cw.htm
There are other Computer Works locations in other parts of the
country. A search on "Goodwill Computer Works" on google.com revealed
more websites.