Subject: Re: disklabel in mac68k port.
To: Takeshi Shibagaki <sibagaki@lsi.melco.co.jp>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/26/2000 06:47:11
Takeshi Shibagaki wrote:

>Hi, Mr.Nestor.

>Bob> The work is very much incomplete!  I had reworked the I/O routines and
>Bob> built a new set of windows for a different user interface.  The current
>Bob> newfs code from NetBSD needs to be pulled into the program and all of
>it
>Bob> neds to be tied toegether into a working program.  The reason I stopped
>Bob> working on it at the time was I had gotten far enough along to
>understand
>Bob> how I could do the same thing with sysinst.  So I worked on converting
>
>I tried Mkfs_2x.sea.bin, but when I changed fstype, finished type1
>error. The work is imcomplete surely.

I surprised it even got that far.  As I recall al I had done was get the
I/O routines working and played with a new user interface.  Nothing was
glued together to form anything that would do more than read the disk and
display the info.

>Next, I will try new sysinst. Is it latest codes which patches sysinst/Patch?

All the new files are where you found them. The Patch file contains the
patches against the source that is (or was) last in the source tree.

I'd give the pdisk program a try if I were you.  There is a 68k
executable at the same place you found the other files.

-bob