Subject: Re: Quadra 610 built in Ethernet (sn0)?
To: Lloyd I Freese Jr <dwarf@Op.Net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/25/2000 09:51:09
At 2:08 AM -0400 9/25/00, Lloyd I Freese Jr wrote:
>Hello all,
>I hate to ask but how well does NetBSD work with the Quadra 610's
>built in ethernet? I ask because I was trying to use one I have as a
>gateway/firewall with OpenBSD and I keep getting errors about
>running out of receive buffers. I'm thinking about trying NetBSD
>instead but I wanted to make sure it would work. I know the site
>says it will but so did OpenBSD's site and I don't want to download
>the install packages just to find out I'm in the same boat. So does
>any one have a Quadra 610 working with NetBSD? Or (off topic) know
>how to get Open to work (can't hurt to ask).

Can't see any reason it should be a problem.  In fact since the
Ethernet 610's had full '040s instead of 'LC040s they should be very
nice machines.  AFAIK there is nothing special about the 610 Ethernet
vice the 650 Ethernet so that should be fine too.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.