Subject: Re: Off-Topic: NiftyTelnet with SSHv2 question
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/2000 18:48:32
On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 10:52:38AM -0700, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> I'm running 1.2.27 on Solaris, and on NetBSD/macppc 1.5 alpha 1.  My
> remaining Mac68k box is only a IIcx and probably couldn't handle it
> well.

The server side is a little slow at startup and at accepting
connections, but otherwise ssh on the IIcx isn't so bad.  I use
NiftyTelnet SSH on the MacOS side and ssh 1.2.27/2.0.x on the NetBSD
side, and both work very well.  I do have a DayStar 50MHz 030 in my
IIcx, but I think ssh would still be acceptable without it.

John

John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
valdes@uchicago.edu                                 University of Chicago