Subject: Re: Q840AV doesn't like 1.5 Alpha2
To: Stephen C. Brown <scbrown@netscape.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@clank.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/21/2000 23:41:54
Hi Steve!

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Stephen C. Brown wrote:

> It looks like Scott Reynolds changed the timing in adb.c so there
> is a longer delay for adb_op_sync().  With the longer delay,
> everything just works for me:
> [...]
> Thanks, Scott.

Credit properly goes to Ken'ichi Ishizaka for expending considerable time
and effort in finding this workaround.  I suspect he also uncovered the
root cause of the timing problem, as well, so this is probably not the
last word on the subject.

> I'm not sure what's up with the Performa 550.  It might be like you
> said and there just be something weird about that hardware that
> makes it not work right with -current.

There's a console keyboard attachment problem that I've got a local fix
for and will be committing shortly.  I believe it's the last of the
changes necessary to wscons support to make it viable for release.

On a related note...

> > Stephen C. Brown wrote:
> >
> > >I don't know about it being pulled into the 1.5 release.  Perhaps Scott
> > >Reynolds can comment on that.

All of the ADB and wscons changes I've made in -current will be pulled
into the release branch.  From my standpoint we can't release with the way
things have been working, even if it means we skip 1.5 and wait for 1.5.1.
Fortunately, that won't be necessary!

--scott