Subject: Re: bind v4 to v8
To: jeff <jefortie@cgocable.ca>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/2000 15:10:55
On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, jeff wrote:

:    NetBSD 1.4.X now uses bind version 8 ... So. I need to upgrade from
: version 4.9.7 to 8.x  and I know I have to convert the named.boot file,
: but do I also need to convert all the db files (domain speficic file).
: There is many domain names on this DNS and I don't know if I need to
: change all the files.

The zone (domain) files do not have to be converted.  They did not change.

The named.boot file can be converted (preserving most options) to a
named.conf with the named-bootconf(8) tool:

$ named-bootconf <named.boot >named.conf

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/