Subject: Re: Q840AV doesn't like 1.5 Alpha2
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Jesse Reynolds <lizst@va.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/19/2000 00:01:20
At 07:53 -0500 18/9/00, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Jesse Reynolds wrote:
>
>>  At 06:43 -0500 18/9/00, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>>  >>  Kernel stack (00277ECC):
>>  >>
>>  >>  <blah blah>
>>  >
>>  >The names of the subroutines in the stack trace ('t') could be useful.
>>
>>  The debugger is new to me, so please bear with me. When I type 't' or
>>  'trace' in the dubugger I get such subroutine names as "domaininit",
>>  "uvm_fault"... mean anything?
>
>Uh, no. We need pretty much the whole trace to make sense of it. ;-)
>You may leave out the numbers.

Oops sorry.

Well, here's a funny thing. It's now working. I think it's because I
set the machine to 256 greys 640x480 and shut it down before starting
it up and booting bsd again. I guess it just goes to show you really
have to try every video mode!!! I'm going to do some experiments now
to see if I can get it to panic again, so I can grab the whole trace
for you.

The confusing thing is that it started working when I also changed
the keyboard over and booted with no mouse, but putting back the
original hardware it's now still working, so I guess it's not the
hardware. (though the reporting of logitech seems odd still).

Cheers

Jesse

PS - Yay!!!

       Jesse Reynolds - Virtual Artists Pty Ltd - http://www.va.com.au