Subject: Re: Q840AV doesn't like 1.5 Alpha2 - summary
To: Frederick Bruckman , Jesse Reynolds <lizst@va.com.au>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/18/2000 10:24:16
At 10:45 AM -0500 9/18/00, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Jesse Reynolds wrote:
>
> > Thanks Frederick. I'll file a PR, but what does PR stand for? Sorry,
> > I'm new to netbsd. How do I file a PR?
>
>If you're running and connected to the internet, you can use
>"send-pr". (You'll need to know a little "vi".) This is the preferred
>way. If not, you can file through the web interface
>
>http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html
>
> > It's definately reproducable anyway.
> >
> > [Now another strange thing is happening - as rc.conf is unconfigured,
> > it's booting up in single-user mode, but it just won't come up with
> > the root filesystem read-write!!! I'm trying to use the install
> > program to put in an edited version, what a mess... ]
>
>mount -a
>eval `tset -s vt220`

This will get you a read/write filesystem, but will not get you fully
up with networking to allow a send-pr.  You need to edit /etc/rc.conf
to get everything set up properly and then a lot more stuff should
just work.  (Of course you may need the ppp stuff and the rest of the
NetBSD install before you can do that.  Catch 22.)

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.