Subject: Re: I've been verizoned!
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Salvatore Mancini <salvatore@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/16/2000 10:29:23
I have successfully installed text.tgz and now I get past the make part
of installing ppp-2.3.10. When I run make install I get

install===>chat
install    -c -s -o root  -g wheel -m 555 chat /usr/sbin/chat
strip: /usr/sbin/chat:File format not recognized
Install: stripping /usr/sbin/chat: No such file or directory
***Error code 1

Stop.
***Error code 1

Stop.

I tried adding a directory called chat to /usr/sbin but that just changed
the messages to center around "/usr/sbin/chat/chat". I am puzzled and
don't really know what I am doing here.

TIA
Sal  :^)