Subject: Re: having ethernet problems
To: Tony Mantler <nicoya@apia.dhs.org>
From: Nyef <nyef@softhome.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/2000 22:14:13
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Tony Mantler wrote:

> I wrote support in Linux/Mac68k for the Cabletron E6100 (I think that's the
> model) NuBus card. It should still be hiding in the sources somewhere (like
> drivers/net/daynaport.c).

I can't seem to find Linux/Mac68k source in any form other than
diffs. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is that the only form it's
distributed in?

> Some things to note:
>
> Memory starts at slot+0x0, registers start at slot+0x90000.

Okay, this is not the card I have. Mine doesn't have memory there.

More info on the card I have:

The card thinks of itself as a "DNI Ethernet Card".

I managed to find 32k of memory starting at 0x10000, and I believe there's
another 32k of memory somewhere on the card (it has two M5M5256-85 chips,
which are 32kx8 SRAM). I think they're both mapped, but
non-contiguously. Either that, or the area that is mapped is aliased later
on in the slot's address space.

Unfortunately, I don't know where the registers are (the kernel currently
assumes that they are at 0x10000, which is where the RAM is).

Any suggestions for finding out where the registers are?

All programming can be viewed as an exercise.
Alastair Bridgewater
e-mail: nyef@softhome.net