Subject: Re: ssh does not make
To: Richard UNGER <runger@cs.mcgill.ca>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/2000 10:50:03
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Richard UNGER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ssh compiled without problems for 1.4.2 on my Q700 - there were some
> issues:
> * ssh required more modifications to make.cf (or whatever that file is
> called again) than most packages. Among other things I think I had to set
> the location as well as acceptable-licences...

	Do you have a list of changes you needed to make with the
	exception of adding to acceptable-licences? If there is anything
	wrong with the version in pkgsrc we should really fix it (I've
	used the pkgsrc ssh on 1.4.X systems without problem).

> A Q800 and an SE/30 need not be binary compatible, I think - a 800 is an
> 68040, while the SE/30 is an 68030, if I am not wrong. Instructions and
> cache handling differ on these chips.

	NetBSD defaults to compiling for all supported m68k CPU options,
	though to gain performance you can opt to compile for a specific
	CPU.

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --