Subject: Re: vim error
To: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/12/2000 20:30:10
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Philip Brodd wrote:

> I just installed the vim-gtk package, which required installing several
> others on the way--gtk, perl, new lib, etc.  Now I'm getting an error when
> I try to run vim:
>
> % vim
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_SmcSaveYourselfDone" in vim:/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6.0

It's definitely a bug in the way the package was built. Please file a
PR using "send-pr", category "pkg".

It might be fixable by changing the order of the shared libs in the
link stage. (Edit the Makefile(s) within the package, return to
vim-gtk, "rm work/.build_done; make".) If you come up with a fix or
work-around, please put that in the PR!. Even if you don't want to
hack on the package, please at least file PR. Thanks!

Frederick