Subject: Re: Mac m68k booting process?
To: Allen Briggs , Samad <signage@best.com>
From: Tony Mantler <nicoya@apia.dhs.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/06/2000 07:56:37
At 7:10 AM -0500 9/6/2000, Allen Briggs wrote:
[...]
>m68k documentation can be found in pdf format on the web (at
>motorola's site: http://www.mot.com/SPS/HPESD/prod/index.html).
>Some Apple documentation is available on-line, but I'm not sure
>how much (I haven't poked around their site for a while).

It should be noted that Motorolla will also, for absolutely no cost
whatsoever, 100% free, deliver a freshly printed dead-tree copy of any of
their books, manuals or papers right to your front door step. The order
page is even online, though I don't have the URL handy.

Apple's documentation covers anything and everything you could ever
possibly need to know to write any MacOS application. That's only about 25%
of what you need to know to write an alternate OS, but a valuable read none
the less.

Of course, there's also "Use the Source, Luke", but that should be fairly
obvious. :)

Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler :)

--
Tony "Nicoya" Mantler - Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire - nicoya@apia.dhs.org