Subject: Re: q950: success w/minor problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen C. Brown <scbrown@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/2000 11:49:57
Hmm,
Last couple of times I watched my system boot up, it seemed not
to wait two seconds, but to go right on through(this on a Q650).
More of an annoyance/curiosity than anything else.  The only
side effect is that it lists my tape drive as empty, even though
a tape was left in.  Once the system is up, the "mt status"
confirms that a tape is mounted.  I guess the tape drive needs
a second or so to reseat the tape, etc. after a SCSI reset.

It looks like this stuff(tsleep) was reworked recently for the
multiprocessor modifications, so I'll try a new kernel and see if
it does the right thing...

Steve