Subject: Re: q950: success w/minor problems
To: port-mac68k list <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/2000 13:01:19
> > Also the savecore stuff near the end: is it safe to comment the
> > savecore line from /etc/default/rc.conf if I'm not experiencing crashes?
>
> Sure.  The savecore stuff shouldn't give you those errors, though, if
> your kernel and userland are in sync.

Maybe they're not; my installation was a bit non-standard.  First I tried
to install 1.4.2, which didn't work, so I reformatted, built devices, and
re-mounted the partitions.  Then I downloaded the kernel
(netbsd.GENERIC-53.tar.gz) and binary sets from the ftp site.

I installed as much of base.tgz as possible (before Error on SCSIRead(),
#5) and used the installers mini-shell to cpin the rest, including the
kernel file, whih I had unzipped on another machine.

Could such kludginess have caused trouble?

> > to the serial terminal.  Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what that
> > information is?
>
> You mean:
>
> > IOP base: 0x91d000
> > OLD cs0: 0x82
> > OLD cs1: 0x86
> > OLD cs2: 0x7 (i = 1)
>
> ?  This is debugging stuff from the (mostly disabled) IOP
> initialization.  It should be removed when someone gets around
> to working on that again.

No, it's more like:

q}m9?u_;K:wgn3Nkwkto9
			}n(_Vw~;lk\   [and so on, for a few lines]

-Phil