Subject: Re: Mac m68k booting process?
To: Peter <pb@ludd.luth.se>
From: Richard UNGER <runger@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/2000 11:27:39
Hi,

Well as I understand it the 68k macs boot from their ROM - hence to
completely replace MacOS, you have to replace the ROM. Knowing apple,
there are probably no guidelines on how to do this. Macs just weren't
designed to boot anything except MacOS...
Basically, do you really think it worth the trouble to spend months
hacking new ROMs/Boot Code? Just put a barebones MacOS to boot NetBSD, and
you're away. You wouldn't need much more than 5MB partition, or as I was
saying, a boot floppy...

Richie