Subject: Re: mc0 packet collisions
To: Pat Plummer <ppat@micron.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/2000 03:02:26
On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Pat Plummer wrote:
> I notice that when I reboot the BSD Quadra that I get a few "collision error"
> messages when I do a dmesg.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I assume you're running NetBSD 1.4.x? You're not doing anything wrong;
the mc driver is just being a bit too chatty. What it's reporting as a
"collision error" is not actually an error at all. More recent versions
of the driver (such as the one that will be in NetBSD 1.5) no longer
print that message... if you compile your own kernels, you can comment
out or delete that line in src/sys/arch/mac68k/dev/if_mc.c (it's line
513, I think... the one that starts with "printf").
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 24 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++