Subject: Problem with Alpha_2 and Mac Classic II
To: <>
From: Lee Reynolds <leebreynolds@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/2000 18:20:49
I'm trying to get NetBSD on a Mac Classic II.  The first thing I tried
was 1.5Alpha_2 as this version supposedly has support for this system.
I got it installed and discovered that I needed to use the SBC version
of the kernel because I have a Quantum 80 meg hard drvive in the system.

The system will boot up in single user mode just fine with this kernel,
however it hangs when I try to boot in multiuser mode.  It seems to get
through the rc.d scripts and then stops after it displays the time and
date.  I'm not sure what is causing this.  I'm more or less reporting it
here in case it is caused by a problem no one is aware of.

If anyone can give me any pointers or information on what might be
happening I'd appreciate it.

Lee Reynolds