Subject: Mac m68k booting process?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Peter <pb@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/2000 02:03:57
I have studied the Mac m68k boot process from the available online doc's. From
what I understand. The Mac boot MacOS from the harddisc. The netbsd-booter
is then invoked within MacOS and then the netbsd/mac68k boot process is
launched.

Questions:

*) Is it possible to automate the launch of the booter in MacOS, in the manner
   of /etc/rc for unix.. ?

*) Why is there no boot block available so that the Mac can be booted straight
   into NetBSD..?

   Is it a software problem?

   Could it be circumvented by replacing the ROM's with a homeburnt EPROM ?
   (especially programmed ofcourse :)

           /Peter

(I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC)