Subject: NetBSD install SE/30
To: T&B <list.mac68k@tandb.com.au>
From: Chris Tucker <nikon@cyberport.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/31/2000 20:30:53
I tried to run the Installer app to put NetBSD 1.4 on my SE/30. The Mac is
in a 32/2gig configuration.  I allocated all available RAM to the MacOS
installer app, yet I still get the scsi error #5 that is documented in the
FAQ.

My questions are:

Can I put the hard drive in my IIci and install NetBSD on the drive w/o
problems? I have sucessfully installed NetBSD on the IIci. If i were to do
this, would the installer app install files that are associated with the
IIci isntead of the SE/30? Or does the installer install the same files
regardless of which 68k Mac hardware it is installed with?

Another possibility: If I install the "base" files as far as I can, is
that enuf to boot up the SE/30 and ftp in the rest of the NetBSD tarballs?

I am not familiar with cpin.

Guess I could look that up ;)

Chris