Subject: Re: Quadra memory check
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/2000 19:01:54
On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Bob Nestor wrote:

> David A. Gatwood wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know if there's a way to disable the power-on memory check on
> >Quadra/Centris machines?  I souped up a Centris 650 to 64 megs, and it
> >takes... a while....  Just wondering.  :-)
>
> On some systems you hold the Option and Command keys down while opening
> the Memory Control Panel and it gives you the extra Radio Button to do
> this.  Did you try that?

I haven't tried anything yet, as I had no idea whatsoever of what to try.
I've never had a 68k Mac with RAM before.  ;-)  I'll have to plug a hard
drive in that has MacOS on it.  Right now, I'm booting with a system file
and the booter with its file type/creator set to "be" the finder.  Works
quite nicely... if you don't want to run anything else.

David

A brief Haiku:

Microsoft is bad.
It seems secure at first glance.