Subject: Re: Farallon Nubus EtherWave with 2 RJ-45 jacks
To: NetBSD-mac68k list <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Parks <danielpark@bigfoot.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/27/2000 09:18:04
On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Karl Dietz wrote:
> "ae" and "sn" are different ethernet drivers.
> Using the "sn" driver the card works, using the "ae" driver is does not.
> Why not use the "sn" driver and connect via the normal RJ45 jack?
> (not the "crossconnect" RJ45 jack, if you are using a hub/switch)
>
> Regards,
>          Karl

sn0 only works for the built in AAUI port... I don't think it will work
for the ethernet card. Anyway, at some point during boot it says that ae0
is a Farallon EtherWave NuBus with 32K memory or something like that.

Also, I can't tell which jack is normal and which is cross-connect. I
bought 2 of these cards on eBay and they didn't come with a manual. I
didn't even know that the card was meant to be daisy-chained. Maybe I need
some kind of terminator?

Thanks,
Daniel