Subject: Q840AV SCSI Question
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/2000 17:33:37
This is hardware and therefore a touch off-topic, but anyway. . .

This beast appears to have no SCSI termination power.  Therefore you
need something like a Seagate drive on the internal end in order to
power the terminators, if any, on the motherboard.  Is there a jumper
option on the motherboard to control this?

I'm extrapolating a bit from the configuration of the drive that the
machine came with and the fact that I can't substitute a Quantum from
another machine and have it work.  Any other explanation for why I
can't move the primary drive to the end of the chain and take that
Seagate out?  The Seagate was configured to supply termination power
both to the bus and to the on-board terminators.