Subject: Re: IP NAT question
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bradley R. Smith <brad5903@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/21/2000 09:22:10
I have a Quadra 700 setup as an IP NAT router running NetBSD 1.4.
It was taking a very long time to open a telnet connection to
the router from the internal network. It turns out the router
was trying to do a DNS lookup of the internal IP address of the
telnet client, querying the DNS server on the external network.
Perhaps you have a similar situation.
I put the IP of the internal machine in /etc/hosts and editted
nsswitch.conf (I think) to put "files" before "dns". That
solved the problem.
The router is using DHCP to get it's external IP. If you have
a static IP you might have to edit /etc/resolv.conf instead.