Subject: central e-mail
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Murphy <otaku@istar.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/19/2000 17:10:15
Here's the scoop; at work employees move around from computer to computer -
there are no personal workstations. When they want to check their e-mail,
the usually just use whatever computer they happen to be on. As you can
imagine, this can become incredibly disorganized. People wonder where
certain attachments are and so forth. It would be better if there was a
central NetBSD e-mail system that would check all the appropriate accounts
every few minutes. The users would then check the NetBSD system, from
whatever computer they're on, and get their e-mail from there. That way,
e-mail would still get scattered around, but when someone needed to find a
specific piece of mail, instead of trying to remember what workstation they
had downloaded it on to, they could just check the server (which would
retain copies of all the e-mail).

Can anyone kindly point me to what software would be needed - I'm assuming
it can be done with your standard sendmail/fetchmail setup - as well as a
howto page?

Many thanks,

-Sean Murphy (the other one)