Subject: X on an SE/30
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Murphy <sean@cbrmain.cbr.nrc.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/19/2000 13:49:30
Greetings, I've got netbsd running happily on my little SE/30, and I'd
like to see how X runs on it.  (I'm planning on having it do nothing but
run a full screen mail notification, sort of like XBiff).  The problem is,
when I run "startx" i get the nice black and white background and X
cursor, but as soon as I move the mouse, it kernel panics and dumps me
into the debugger. Anyone ever seen anything like this before?  Anyone
know how to fix it?

Its a Mac SE/30 with lots of ram (20 megs) and 2 240MB hard drives.  I'm
running NetBSD1.4.2 on it.

Sean Murphy
 Unix Security Underling
  Canadian Bioinformatics Resource
perl - because life is too short to debug pointers and memory allocation