Subject: Re: Asante EN/SC
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <ngc@ff.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/18/2000 22:28:25
On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:53:20 -0300 (ADT)
Sean Murphy <sean@cbrmain.cbr.nrc.ca> wrote:

> I've read the mailing list archives, and there was only 2 or 3 messages
> pertaining to how the Asante EN/SC is not supported under NetBSD yet.
> These articles were several months / years old.  Anyone know if there is a
> way to make this device work yet, or if it will be supported soon?

Now I'm trying that.
I inspected SCSI-bus data flow of Desktop EN/SC on Mac OS
with SCSI-bus analyzer, and mainly could understand EN/SC's SCSI
protocol.
I began to write EN/SC series driver with Micro EN/SC and
could read in its MAC address.

EN/SC's SCSI protocol is more complex than Sonic's product,
then it seems difficult to write driver.

Hiroshi Noguchi
ngc@ff.iij4u.or.jp
http://homepage1.nifty.com/driver/