Subject: Re: Beleza!!!!!
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/18/2000 10:49:26
On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> There have been some security issues identified with the wu-ftpd
> software that NetBSD uses and I would advise Marco to check that he
> is running a version of NetBSD that includes the 20000708-ftpd patch
> first.  See <http://www.netbsd.org/Security/> for more information.

	The NetBSD ftpd is not based on wu-ftpd, though (like virtually
	every other ftpd out there it did suffer from the setproctitle()
	issue). wu-ftpd _is_ available via pkgsrc, though I've never had
	any need to use it - the shipped ftpd is more than capable enough.

	Henry's comment on checking the security page is well advised,
	though the 1.5_ALPHA and 1.4.3_ALPHA snapshots should be clear of
	all known issues...

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --