Subject: gateway
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <lime@lab.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/17/2000 18:45:34
i can ftp and telnet into my netbsd from other computers on my lan.
my ppp scripts connect the modem and give me a local and remote IP
address. I can ping the remote address. However, I can't ping any
other internet addresses, or ftp or telnet into the machine over
the internet.

if i add nameservers to resolv.conf, any command such as ping or
telnet, or any attempt to ftp in from the lan, waits (looking for
the name server?) about 3 minutes or so before running.

could these be related and can you figure what might be causing
them? i have tried to follow the ppp setup instructions as
closely as possible.

thank you,
dale