Subject: Re: se30 rom
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/2000 03:00:37
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com> wrote:

Bill> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Jean-Francois Fortier wrote:

>> Is it possible to put IIsi rom in SE30 computer ? If yes,
>> howto ?

Bill> No. They had different hardware, so the rom won't
Bill> contain the right routines to drive the present
Bill> hardware. Plus, AFAIK the se/30 didn't have an
Bill> upgradable ROM.

If the IIsi's ROM is ROM-SIMM type, it can be attached into
SE/30 and make it have 32 bit clean ROM.  I read article
about that on a magazine several years ago.

I wanted to try this since then, but could not find ROM-SIMM
model IIsi.  It appears to be vary rare.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>