Subject: Re: Sonic/DaynaPort Ethernet Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Avi Norowitz <avin@ice.tj>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/14/2000 19:44:11
Allen Briggs wrote:

> > The device is detected in NetBSD as sn0, but when I try to load the
> > device with `ifconfig sn0 up 192.168.0.4`, it freezes and I'm forced to
> > reboot.
>
> OK.  Half-good.  It sounds like the interrupts aren't being handled
> properly.  This may be because the card isn't being set up properly
> somehow.
>
> I don't have time to look into it now, but the first place I'd look is
> to be sure that the memory/register setup is being properly configured.
> Some Sonic devices are 16-bit and some are 32-bit.  Make sure that that
> sort of thing is correct.  Double check the MAC address that was
> reported during boot and make sure that it's correct, too.

The MAC address is correct, since it's the same MAC address as Linux
detects it as, and as the MacTCP control panel shows.

Memory addressing was set to 32-bit, and when I tried to set it to
16-bit, BSD/Mac68k Booter wouldn't launch (said it needed to be 32-bit).

Is there a development kernel that possibly has an updated version of
the Sonic driver, which I can try?

Thanks.

--
     Avi Norowitz  avin@ice.tj