Subject: Re: truerand or /dev/random
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/2000 10:49:52
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Uncomment this line (it's the last one in the GENERIC file) in your
> kernel config and recompile the kernel:
>
> #pseudo-device  rnd                     # /dev/random and in-kernel generator
>
> /dev/random's been around for ever. /dev/urandom might be newer than
> the 1.4 branch, but I could just think that because it's four in the
> morning and I'm buried in uvm code.

Thanks for the info. I do not appear to have the kernel sources
installed. Anyone know where I can find the 1.4.2 kernel sources? I am not
real interested in a "current" kernel because this machine needs to be
stable.

I looked on the website and could not find them. I know I must be blind...

Thanks!

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO
With no walls or fences on the Internet, who needs Windows or Gates?