Subject: Re: truerand or /dev/random
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/2000 04:07:56
On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 09:37:38AM -0500, Joe Laffey wrote:
> Anyone know if there is support for a /dev/random in NetBSD 1.4.2? I could
> not find it in the docs. Apache wants /dev/random or the truerand lib to
> compile mod_auth_digest. Anyone know where I can find the truerand lib
> (lrand)?

Uncomment this line (it's the last one in the GENERIC file) in your
kernel config and recompile the kernel:

#pseudo-device  rnd                     # /dev/random and in-kernel generator

/dev/random's been around forever. /dev/urandom might be newer than
the 1.4 branch, but I could just think that because it's four in the
morning and I'm buried in uvm code.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net