Subject: horribly embarrassed, but..
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mark R. Nathan <mark@nathan.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/05/2000 04:33:23
In my tutorials I installed portsentry and configured it correctly.
I tested to see how well it detects using another machine here on a
seperate IP.  When I restarted I found my main server (NON-BSD) was
now banned because of my tests.

Ok, so I went and deleted my IP from portsentry.blocked.tcp and other
databases and restarted.  Didnt work.  I moved the portsentry.conf
out of the /etc folder and restarted (hoping to bypass and kill it)
Didnt work.

My message log show the 'attack alert' and said the IP had been
blocked via wrappers with string "ALL:209.xxx.xxx.xx" and then IP has
been blocked via dropped route using command: "/sbin/route add
209.xxx.xxx.xx 333.444.555.666"

Bear with my lameness,  but I need to learn somewhere and this seems
to be one of those places.

What am I missing?  (obviously something REALLY BIG..)

Thanks

    Mark R. Nathan                        http://www.miraboomusic.com
    Miraboo Group                   mailto:president@miraboomusic.com
    President                                  mailto:mark@nathan.net