Subject: ip-nat (part 3)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Samad <signage@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/04/2000 15:54:28
Hey everone,
I got IP-NAT to work and I love it. I wonder why I never have done this
before... IP-NAT doesn't hog the CPU much either, and believe me: that's a
blessing on a IIvx. I have a problem connecting to any FTP site on the
client-side. The IP-NAT how-to tells me that the FTP client has to be in
passive mode. Well, in IE5, when I try to connect to an FTP server, I see
"Setting passive mode..." but I still can't connect. In Anarchie (I doubt
Anarchie sends passive mode), I look at the transcript and it sends my IP
address as 10.0.0.3 (and that's why it doesn't work). I looked around
Anarchie and there isn't a setting to tell it to change to passive mode or
anything. Anyone knows what the problem is? I can FTP on the server, so it
isn't totally inconvenient.

identd doesn't work anymore. I went to freashmeat.net for ident like daemons
that work with IP-NAT but none of them work with ircle. Anyone know a
solution to this?

Well, thanks guys. I'm really grateful for your help.
Samad