Subject: Re: Fw: Test-kernel for faster SCSI on NCR5380 macs
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Tony Mantler <nicoya@apia.dhs.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/02/2000 03:08:40
At 7:14 PM -0500 7/1/2000, Allen Briggs wrote:
[...]
>AFAIK, this is the same pseudo-DMA SCSI that we've had for several
>years.  It would probably be worth someone's time to look at their
>code, though, and see if there is anything that we can learn from.
>As people know, there are various problems with both the ncrscsi
>and the sbc drivers.

If you want protocol handling, the linux driver isn't where you want to
look. The driver gets real confused when, say, a SCSI-1 device interrupts a
command it doesn't understand (which is legal but annoying), or when a
SCSI-2 device doesn't respond *exactly* to the standard protocol (did
someone say quantum?)...

I'm sure it would be productive to work together on this stuff, but that
sort of requires that people be working on it, and that's kinda rare in
m68k-land.

Happy Canada Day! (though technically that ended slightly over 3 hours ago)

Cheers - Tony :)

--
Tony Mantler       Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire     nicoya@apia.dhs.org
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada                     http://nicoya.feline.pp.se/