Subject: unsupported focus enet card?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/2000 01:46:10
Hi,

I came across a Nubus Focus Enhancements ethernet card and popped it in my
NetBSD machine to see what it would come up as. It was labeled as an
unsupported focus card on ae0, and "ifconfig ae0" returned device not
configured as expected.

I don't see 8390 or 83902 on any chip on this card. The main chip says:

SMC
SMC91C92QF P
D9403
6C72399-5

It's a TP/BNC card, from 1993-1994, Rev. B.

The Focus Etherlink II on the ethernet status page (from a couple years
past) has the same chip, SMC91C92, and listed as working. Is this the same
card? I'm using a 1.4.2 GENERIC kernel on a quadra700.

Anyone know what the status of this card is or how hard it is to get working?

Thanks,

  - a