Subject: A newbies questions
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Pete Lancashire <petel@pdxeng.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/2000 20:10:19
Hi,

My *nix background is AIX-RS6000, RedHat-Linux-x86, and Solaris-Sparc.
Never tried NetBSD. And I only have one Mac client.

I was just given about 15 Mac's in various sizes and shapes. Of the
68K models only 2 SE30's and one IIci has Ethernet. I would like to
play with getting NetBSD on the IIci since it is the only one I can
at this time easily open and drop a reasonable size hard drive into.

Here's the questions I have after reading the FAQs, and can not find
an answer to. Sorry if I missed it in the FAQs

The IIci has a E-Machines "Colorlink" 24 Bit colour card.

Can I run the card in either 1 bit or 8 bit mode ? I don't have any
doc's on the card.

Can I make use of the Ethernet portion of the card ? The chip is
a National DP83902V.

Can I do a remote install similar to Solaris/AIX/RedHat via FTP
or NFS or ?

And not directly related to this mailing list.

Does one know of a cheap supply of smaller SCSI drives ? I once
found 10 new IBM 50pin 2Gb drives for $25 each but haven't seen
such again.

The other not related question is, has anyone seen or know of
a 30pin SIMM to ??? adapter. I had once seen an adapter for
the Sun Sparc II's.

Thanks,

-pete