Subject: Re: YA "Cannot mount root" error
To: Brett Kessler <>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/2000 17:48:09
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Brett Kessler wrote:

> As you asked, I scribbled them down off the screen...  (I wish the Booter
> was able to log this stuff, too!)  Items in [square brackets] have been

You can (or should be able to) enable serial echo and set up the baud rate
on the printer port. If your printer is a normal serial printer (most
are), then you will get printed a log of the boot messages.

My Deskwriter and my Stylewriter 2500 are both 57600 baud prionters. I've
used serial echo with the deskwriter, but haven't tried the Stylewriter.

Take care,