Subject: RE: logical interfaces...
To: Sean Murphy <otaku@istar.ca>
From: Michael Bartosh <bartosh@ocean.tamu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/2000 02:01:26
At 1:25 AM -0400 6/13/00, Sean Murphy wrote:
>Perhaps I should've said this at the outset; my goal is to host two domains
>on the one machine. Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that an alias
>will link the one IP address to the other, which I don't believe would do
>the trick.

No, the name alias eludes to the fact that there are 2 interfaces
aliased to the same hardware. ie on my linux box eth0 is provided by
dhcp and eth0:0 is 192.168.1.1. Not the most secure of situations
but, I am supposing, semi-ok on a switched network.

>IF anyone has any other suggestions as to how I might accomplish the task of
>hosting multiple domains, I'm more than open to them!

I always prefer name based virtual hosts. Let apache do the talking ;-)

-mab