Subject: Re: LC475 with Applie LC card (SONIC)
To: Hiroyuki SATO <g4lc@holsten.mech.hirosaki-u.ac.jp>
From: Tom Jernigan <jernigantc@ornl.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/2000 11:46:41
>PS.=A0
>I've checked "http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/ethernet.html", but
>the test kernel on the page is not served at present.  The kernel
>"netbsd_PB550c_SONIC" detects "sn0", and MAC address is correctly detected.=
=A0
>It fails, however, at "setting tty flags".=A0
>
>Thanks,
>
>Hiroyuki SATO, JA7-8807

I had a similar problem with the slotman kernels. The boot would seem=20
to fail when it got to setting tty flags. However, I found I could=20
telnet into the machine. The solution was to boot into single user=20
mode, mount the file system with mount -a, use MAKEDEV to set up a=20
ttyE0 device. This might get you running.
Tom

Tom Jernigan,  jernigantc@ornl.gov
presently at General Atomics in San Diego, Bldg 13/551
Phone (858) 455-4122, FAX (858)455-4515 NOTE NEW AREA CODES