Subject: Re: trying to get the network going...
To: Sean Murphy <otaku@istar.ca>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/2000 12:48:13
On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 07:18:36PM -0400, Sean Murphy wrote:
> Just installed NetBSD 1.4.2 and I'm trying to get it online. I've set it up
> as per the instructions at http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/networking/
>
> the one thing I'm not sure about is the Machine Name. The document says "If
> you don't know what it is ask your local Network Guru." Well, I'm guru-less.
> I also note that it's for version 1.2/1.3. Any huge differences with the
> latest release?
>
> I'm running it on a Quadra 650 with a static IP. It doesn't appear to be a
> hardware problem as I can connect just fine under System 7.
>
> I have the default router, IP address and subnet all triple checked. Still
> no love.
>
> The only seemingly abnormal output I get is
>
> sn0: Tx - lost interrupt
>
> any help is greatly appreciated!

Sean, do a dmesg and clip the lines relating to your ethernet card's
configuration (sn0). It probably configured fine, but may not have.
(It should look like "sn0 at obio0...")

Also, what do you see when you do ifconfig sn0? How 'bout route? You
may have to add the default route by hand (at least until you get
things set up). That's "route add default <IP of default route>".

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net