Subject: LC475 with Applie LC card (SONIC)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Hiroyuki SATO <g4lc@holsten.mech.hirosaki-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/10/2000 15:18:14
Hi.

I'm using NETBSD on LC475 with replaced 68040 and Apple SONIC based LC
ether-net card.

I've asked the same question below on "netbsd-help", yesterday, but this
ML seems to suit better.  I post it here, too.

I tried the GENERIC kernels of 1.4, 1.41 and 1.42 on the machine, and
found the LC card is detected wrong as "ae0", while it should be "sn0".
The customized kernels of 1.4 and 1.4.1, which I build without device
description of "ae" in configuration, boot with the LC card, but detected
MAC address is wrong and "ifconfig" fails.

It looks that new sources for the device "sn" are available in 1.4.2, i.e.
"dev/if_sn.*" etc., but "cpp" complains during building procedure and
fails to complete on 1.4.2 with bear LC475 without LC card.
How can I make customized kernel that work with LC card with 1.4.2 based
source codes, or, does anyone kindly build a kernel for LC475 with LC card?
A kernel I need is almost the GENERAL kernel, except definition of the "ae"
device.

PS.
I've checked "http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/ethernet.html", but
the test kernel on the page is not served at present.  The kernel
"netbsd_PB550c_SONIC" detects "sn0", and MAC address is correctly detected.
It fails, however, at "setting tty flags".

Thanks,

Hiroyuki SATO, JA7-8807