Subject: Re: Free MacOS Xterm MI/X
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Jim Schmidt <jschmidt@svsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/04/2000 23:36:47
On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, Chris Tribo wrote:

> Hey ya'll :)
> right now to write this. A how to can be found at
> http://gsep.pepperdine.edu/~kcary/usingX.html and the closest binary
> mirror I found that works is the Germany mirror listed at the top of the

A closer link to the binary might be from the people that created the
software -

http://www.microimages.com/www/html/freestuf/mix/macindex.htm

I'd also point out a nice setup tutorial that I made up, but it's on an
internal (employee-only) server where I work, and the screenshots have
some confidential information on them.  If anyone's interested, I could be
persuaded to copy it to a different server and black out any incriminating
info :)

As far as the "gotchas" mentioned in another post, I'd like to throw in
my $.02.  Where I work, we use the Remedy ticketing system to track the
work we do maintaining our customer's dialup network.  We also have lots
of in-house tools and monitoring devices, and they all work flawlessly
with MI/X, even over a 56k dialup.  They work *slowly*, but they do work.
I would highly recommend checking it out if you need simple

 Zaren Ankleweed - Bitdancer, Freelance   |  "It's the information age --
 Acquisitions Agent, Minister for "Bob"   |   everything gets saved
 a.k.a. Zaren on #macintosh in the IRC    |   except for the human soul."
 finger jschmidt@decunix.svsu.edu for info| Rev. Matthew Carey, Vision Temple