Subject: Re: IIcx SIMM configuration
To: John Valdes <j-valdes@uchicago.edu>
From: Edvard Lauman <elauman@interlynx.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/31/2000 08:48:36
I have a IIx and it doesn't go beyond 4MB SIMMs unless they're PAL-SIMMs
(there's problems w/ the memory control circuitry on the main board of a II
or IIx (same board), so they require a ninth chip on the SIMMs - the PAL
chip to fix this problem.) Also, I know the order that you put your SIMMs in
makes a difference. The IIx has two banks w/ 4 slots each. I know that if
you have one bank with small size SIMMs, say one bank of 4MB and one bank of
1MB, the bank that they're in seems to matter - I can't remember which bank
requires the smaller SIMMs, but I think I found that info on the web. I know
all this info is for the IIx, but it may relate to the IIcx (similar
boards). Ed