Subject: IIcx SIMM configuration
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tod McQuillin <devin@spamcop.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/31/2000 01:44:29
Hello,

For those of you with Mac IIcx's, what memory configurations are you
using?  Has anyone successfully used 16MB SIMMS in a IIcx?  How about 4MB
SIMMS?

I purchased a set of 4 16MB SIMMS from memoryx.net, but I'm having a bit
of trouble installing them.

When the 16MB SIMMS are installed in bank A, the IIcx plays the "death
chimes" and refuses to start up (regardless of what is in bank B).

When 1MB SIMMS are in bank A and 16MB SIMMS are in bank B, the system
boots but only sees 8MB of RAM (I am running MODE32 and 32-bit addressing
is enabled).

Any ideas?  (Of course this is for the purpose of running NetBSD; I am
asking here rather than on a general Mac users list because I figure
NetBSD users have more incentive to upgrade past 8MB to build kernels).
--
Tod McQuillin