Subject: FW: IIfx in linux was: Quadra 950 status
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/2000 18:50:23
on 5/24/00 2:25 PM, Tony Mantler at nicoya@apia.dhs.org wrote:

> Just as a quick note, the 950 (and 900 and IIfx) are supported in
> recent-ish 2.2 linux kernels. I think the only thing that doesn't work is
> trivial unimportant stuff like Floppy and Sound (Though Joshua M Thompson,
> the fellow who wrote all the IOP support, did write a floppy driver that
> could probably be coerced into actually working) and the external scsi bus
> (there's a think-o somewhere in the SCSI driver that would be easy to fix
> if I actually *had* a 950).

yes.. this is was I wanted to ask.. I have now linux on my IIfx. but linux
(despite what they all say) is heavy and cumbersome. I remember being netbsd
much much faster with only 8megs and a 020 (in comparison to a 030 and
20mb).

i use linux only for the IIfx i use now instead of the II. Any chanche of
using some experimental kernels supporting the IIfx?

i tried to boot wit 3 of the current 1.42 kernels. 2 hang at the keyboard
and one at the scsi getting in an infinite looop of error messages.

cheers

ric