Subject: Re: Quadra 950 status
To: Tony Mantler <nicoya@apia.dhs.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/2000 08:39:00
> Just as a quick note, the 950 (and 900 and IIfx) are supported in
> recent-ish 2.2 linux kernels.

Yeah.  I was talking with JMT during development and gave him the right
IOP offsets for the 900/950.  :-)

My code should be doing the same thing that his was doing at one time
(when Mike(?) reported that it was working on his 950).  I'd like to be
spending some time banging on it, but I haven't had the chance lately.
(Any millionaires out there want to fund me?  ;-)

> (there's a think-o somewhere in the SCSI driver that would be easy to fix
> if I actually *had* a 950).

Yeah.  I've been tempted to download the source and submit a patch, but
that would take time...  ;-)

> Anyways, go ahead and steal the drivers, you won't hurt my feelings. :)

:-)

Thanks,
-allen