Subject: PPPoE problem / Re: NetBSD Firewalls Made Easy
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Herber <jherber@advance.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/16/2000 21:41:02
>Erik,
>
>I'm kaving some trouble installing the netbsd_fw.tgz file: the installer
>barfs with an error of type 1. Under MacOS, Netscape downloads it as a
>SimpleText file. The file ssh-1.2.27.tar.gz downloads as a "tar" file,
>though.

I emailed Erik on this, and he found that the archive was corrupt.
He posted a non-corrupt archive so re-download if you haven't already.

Now, I have a problem of my own:

I successfully downloaded, and installed this archive to my IIci.
Followed Erik's (excellent) instructions - edited the conf files et
al.  All seems well, except that I cannot get a pppoe session going.

Here's what I get:
# pppoe ae1 my_login@my_isp.tld
pppd: unrecognized option 'noipx'
May 16 08:27:28 macbsd pppd[171]: unrecognized option 'noipx'
May 16 08:27:28 macbsd pppd[171]: unrecognized option 'noipx'
pppd version 2.3.11
Usage pppd [ options ], where options are:
See pppd(8) for more options.

where "..." are usage options.

After crashing the system trying to grep the /etc tree for noipx, I'm
at a loss.  Any ideas?

TIA

-- Jason